War time cigarettes

Dogsbody

• 8 months later...
Mac.military

Picked this up in Louisville this past week.  I have collected WW2 Cigarettes for a number of years, but have never seen anything like this.  I wanted to toss this out to people who are more knowledgeable about this than me.

These cigarettes were bundled together with a box of matches.  The cellophane wrapper is shown in the first photograph.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  

1.  The cigarettes look like they are 1942 or 1943 vintage.  No LS/MFT on the bottom (1944 and on).  Plus brown paper on top, not silver foil.

2.  I did not open the cellophane, one of the previous owners did.  I would not have done that!  However, it is probably a blessing, as the cigarettes have a depression in the pack and damage to the cellophane where the matches were placed.  I carefully removed the contents without any further damage.  I will store all contents shown in a small hard plastic container.

3.  Research on the matches show a 1942 or 1943 vintage as well.

4.  Cigarettes have military stamp on the pack.  Vintage WW2 type.

As anyone seen this before, because I have not?  Could these have been from an early K ration pack, something handed out by the Red Cross, and Invasion handout?  Your thoughts please!20240225_195803_resized(1).jpg.6dfd7970815b14a59f827181dcd77b97.jpg

20240225_201147_resized (1).jpg

20240225_201153_resized (1).jpg