3/4 Collar Flak Jacket / M69 when these were phased out?

pawtwo

Hello,

Is there any date that Olive Green Body Armor was phased out?

In one of these I found receipt from drug store located in Bingen am Rhein in Germany. It looks like it was in pocket for some time. Date is 24 January 1995!

Does these were still worn in mid 90s?

I know these were used in Panama and LA, but 1995 seems a little odd. In fact in 1995 even procurement of Medium PASGT Vests ended despite these were still produced in other sizes.. At that time My 1969 contract vest was really vintage item of protective clothing.

• 1 year later...

We were issued vests like that in the Military Police in the mid 1980's (Colorado National Guard.) And when I was on Active Duty in Korea in 1991-92 we had some. We were a rear-echelon unit (HHC 2nd ID) and so the newer, better PASGT stuff went to the Infantry and Artillery guys in the line battalions and us support people got what was left over, which was a mix of PASGT and the green nylon vests with the 3/4 collar and the brass zipper in the front.

• 2 months later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

DN-ST-91-05505.jpeg.ba4d456f2402a20142fa0f67e1a20fa7.jpeg

A Public Affairs Officer reads a newspaper outside a tent used as an Office. Saudi Arabia 1 February 1991, DOD photo by CWO2 Ed Bailey, USNR.

• 2 months later...

I know there were some still in inventory and in use then, not many but a few. But to be made in 1995 seems more than a bit odd and unlikely. Why keep making something that long after the replacement has been in production and being issued?

Dover AFB phased them out mid 90's and replaced them with the kevlar vests..the last ones left supply around 2000...don't ask...

the last ones to be trashed all had late 60s dates