Militaria at Brimfield, MA?

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

Will there be any Military Dealers setting up at the Brimfield, MA outdoor Antique Mart, July 10-15?

Scattered bits and pieces here and there, but overall usually very little Militaria at Brimfield. Only a couple of vendors that even sort of specialize in military, and none of them typically has anything particularly special. Brimfield can be fun, but not so much for this hobby.

Send me a PM if you do go, I can share a very valuable tip or two for your visit.

Pretty much agree with john k. Brimfield is not what it used to be (like most things in this country!) and it's usually HOT at the July gathering. Spring and Fall shows are better. Ah, the good old days - A-2's here, A-2's there, helmets galore, uniforms of all kinds (good ones, not the plain Ikes of today). Lots of great memories!

I agree with the others, there is a little militaria scattered throughout. Most is overpriced but there may be a few deals. Being as its not a militaria show, if you collect other items it would be a better experience. Either way, best of luck to you if you end up going.

manayunkman

There is tons of militaria at Brimfield.

But most of it disapears during dealer set up.

Bring a good pair of walking shoes and water. Temp is going to be mid 90's and the fair/show is spread over several fields, so there is a lot of walking and searching. May also want to bring a backpack. If you do buy something, assuming it's small, you won't want to waste time bringing it back to your car and the place is so large, you'll spend some time getting back to that vendor at the end of the day if they hold the purchase for you.

I can't stress the water / Gatorade part of that advice enough, particularly for the July show. All told you'll probably cover over 5 miles of walking (I average 8-10 miles daily there, but I move fast), and I've gotten heat exhaustion from not hydrating enough in July. Bring an iced cooler with lots of extra drinks and snacks in the back of your car.

Have fun, but don't get your hopes up. The last few shows have had noticeably fewer dealers than in past years. As mentioned, the best of the best usually gets scooped up during set up hours.

too damn hot in July for this kid and good luck hunting militaria there. Have had some luck but as stated mostly way over priced but have gotten lucky once in a while

Went up for a visit several years ago. My first and last time. It was a neat experience, but after the first day dealers would move from one field to the next since the whole thing doesn't open the same day. Thought that was a ripoff from the promoters just trying to make an extra buck while the buyers were looking at the same crap.

May I suggest Hillsville Virginia on Labor Day weekend. Just as big an event or bigger, held once a year and no gimics with dealers swapping fields just to make a buck. No way you can see it all in a day. Their claim to fame is once a year the small town of Hillsville becomes the 3rd largest city in Virginia.

10-4 on water & comfortable walking attire. I always find stuff at Brim and not only during set-up. Time to arrive is based on which day you are going. Tuesday dawn, Weds at 6am, Thur 9am Fri 8am for the openings....but you can find stuff on fields that have been open for 2 or 3 days. My best buy actually was on a Saturday from a dealer set up for 3 days prior. Yes dealers "jump" day to day from field to field, some put out stuff at one field they didn't at the other field, others just uncover stuff everyone passed over or they forgot to put out. Like all the best military shows some stuff is a bargain and some stuff over-priced....sometimes its just plain old luck. If you're coming on Friday at 8am stop by the J&J opening and visit row M(back row)...military stuff for sure and at least one table of all fresh picks never been to show. Best of luck and enjoy the show(s).