WWII K9 Vest

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

Being a dog lover, i have been after a WWII Dog vest for years. Have never seen one other than on the forum a few years ago. I was elated to find this one the other day along with a couple of manuals.

Will have to find a life sized stuffed dog to put it on for display. I dont think it will fit one of my big labs!

post-52765-0-39947100-1530232008_thumb.jpg

post-52765-0-55800000-1530232009_thumb.jpg

9 mile surplus outside of Detroit used to have lots of then back in the 90's. Heard they closed and have not heard where their stuff went. QM museum when in Petersburg used to have an excellent War Dog display. Nice find.

9 mile surplus outside of Detroit used to have lots of then back in the 90's. Heard they closed and have not heard where their stuff went. QM museum when in Petersburg used to have an excellent War Dog display. Nice find.

That's my old neighborhood! I moved there in '98 though.

Where was it? I wasn't aware of a surplus store right in my back yard. :blush:

BigDogMilitaria

very possible this one came from there. Came in a collection I bought from a guy who lived near Detroit

Kris, all I know is it was on 9 mile road, the owners? came to big shows back then, 80's-90's??? As with collecting, was into USMC stuff then, thought I'll pick one up later.