Yellow Mk2 Grenade w/ M10A1 Fuse

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

Just received this "out of the Woodwork" Yellow Mk2 Fragmentation Grenade w/ a rare M10A1 Fuse. I am extremely fortunate to add it to my collection!

Photo 1 or 4

post-17994-0-99935700-1530201809_thumb.jpg

suwanneetrader

Just wondering if I ran across one like this wouldn't it be a good idea (as long as pin and spoon securely in place) to unscrew the plug and pour any powder out? Richard

Richard, it would probably be easier to unscrew the fuze assembly, plus you wouldn't be marring any original paint like you would if you tried unscrewing the bottom plug.

Persian Gulf Command

Empty and Inert!

Correct - You always must check ordnance for yourself to be sure it is 100% safe.

post-17994-0-10139100-1530214034_thumb.jpg

Richard, it would probably be easier to unscrew the fuze assembly, plus you wouldn't be marring any original paint like you would if you tried unscrewing the bottom plug.

Agreed...most any I have came across lately with the lead plug in the bottom has recent tool marks on it where they have tried to remove the plug.Seems they cant resist taking a screw driver and trying to "twist" the plug out.

suwanneetrader

Thanks all for input. I used to shoot ML cannons in 1960s and shot off the City's fireworks during late 1980s for 4 or 5 years in a small N FL town, so I know the power of powder (had an 8 incher go off in the rack and it was before we got electrical ignitors). A little knowledge is dangerous and going on 81 want my wife to wait awhile for any insurance. :lol::D

Richard