Help Identify Officer Khaki or Tan Uniforms

DaddyDog

What is the type and approximate dates of use for this officer uniform. The only label inside this one is AMS Chicago, pants not labeled.

Thanks for the help.

post-6880-0-64791000-1530177125_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-40897500-1530177583_thumb.jpg

Jumpin Jack

U.S. WWII Summer uniform often referred to as tropical worsted. These were worn into the early '60's.

SocietyBrandHatCo

US Army khaki service uniform for summer and tropical wear. It was adopted in late 1942 and was worn until 1968. Nice 33rd Division patches, too.

• 1 year later...
The Rooster

Cool old 33rd patch ! The 33rds armory was on chicago ave right off of Michigan ave near the old water tower about 2 blocks from the lake.

We used to drill in it from time to time. They tore it down I think in the early 1990's. was an incredible old armory.

Their mascot from ww1 a little dog was stuffed in a glass case in the lobby. They had an old gatling gun in there too amoung other things.

My Fathers Air Force hat from the early 1950's has that same label in it.

Associated Military Supply Co. Chicago.

Martinjmpr

That jacket looks almost exactly like my dad's Tropical Worsted jacket that he wore in the 1960's.  He left the Army in 1967 so that would conform with a jacket that was authorized until 1968. 

I believe the patch on the cuff is a unit award, correct?  How late were they authorized? 

huntssurplus

The patch is for the Meritorious Unit Commendation, it was a unit award lower than the Distinguished/Presidential Unit Citation. It was authorized in 1944, and the patch was changed to a ribbon plate in 1949. The cuff patch was authorized for wear until 1962 though. 

Hunt

On 6/28/2018 at 2:41 AM, DaddyDog said:

The second uniform is more of a shirt and pants having the label KAY.

post-6880-0-90330300-1530178729_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-67461500-1530178816_thumb.jpg

The Patch looks like one of those Gemsco Embroidered ones right,  these being standard U.S. Fully Embriored patches the had the bullion embrodered over the motif, if so probably the same one on the coat as well.