WW1 New York State Service Medal Number Look Up ?

TheMariner

The site I always used to determine if they attributed to a recipient seems to be no longer available! I recently acquired a large group of medals and I am trying to determine if they all go together! There is a tag in the group named to R.E Keefe but I am not certain if some of the items were added at some point! The number on the WW1 Medal is #4238

Thanks in advance it would be great to pin them all down to Mr Keefe!

The number falls into one of the many empty gaps in the roll.

Guess we may never know on this one! I guess I will post the group and get ideas on it! Thanks for checking on it for me! Cheers

BigJohn#3RD

FYI there is a Raymond E Keefe, from Auburn NY who served in the New York NG Co M, 3rd Inf N.Y. which was Co M 108th Infantry Regiment 27th Division AEF. He received the New York Conspicuous Service Medal #129 on 16 December 1920. Both cards came from Ancestry.com

post-5224-0-20180600-1530142573_thumb.jpg

post-5224-0-07288200-1530142612_thumb.jpg

Hmm thanks for the info! What still makes no sense is the Kingston NY medal, Kingston and Auburn are not even remotely near each other! If he was still in auburn in 1920 I doubt he would qualify to be issued a Kingston medal!

• 3 years later...

This may be a long shot since this post was from 3 years ago but Raymond E Keefe was my Great Grandfather.  I happened to be doing some research on him and came across the fact that he earned this medal and found this post.  Any chance you still have any medals belonging to him?

BigJohn#3RD

Good Luck. You may want to send TheMariner a PM to find out the status of what medals he had or knew the whereabouts of them.

Best regards,

John