Souvenirs From A 3rd Army Interrogator - Interpreter

tigerfan

I was told by a local antique picker about some WWII souvenirs brought home by a local veteran that was an interrogator - interpreter during the war. He didn't know if anything would ever be available but he gave them my name anyway. Most leads don't materialize but one day this one did. I did not get everything as the family held on to some. This veteran is still with us and in his 90's. He was attached to the 3rd Army. Photos may be a bit blury or out of focus.

post-2609-0-80202600-1529888545_thumb.jpg

Timberwolf summed it up best, Holy Crap! To imagine there was still a horde like this tucked away 70+ years later is absolutely incredible.

Kurt Barickman

Extremely nice pile, you did well. Quite a bit of nice and valuable stuff in that grouping. Proof that there is so much out there yet!!

Congrats,

Kurt

PS, is the 43 a K or G?

Stickfigure21

Holy hell.... I spot 3 Pionier NCO caps and a pionier waffenrock, no doubt from the same nco.... beautiful items, love the pionier stuff, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthytyler

that vet must have had all the room in the world to bring this stuff home. how!?!? you should meet up with him and interview him to add to the group before its too late.

Holy hell.... I spot 3 Pionier NCO caps and a pionier waffenrock, no doubt from the same nco.... beautiful items, love the pionier stuff, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe they were from the same NCO. The hat sizes were: 56 - 56.5 - 60.5. The parade tunic may have belonged to one of the smaller hats.

that's a great pile of souvineers, I'm curious about what the family held on to!

There was paper money and coins, two swords, one cloth cap, a few cigarette card albums, a few medals-pins, two other boxes loaded with "non military" souvenirs and three nice side arms. I was told that some items were already taken away years ago.