Amerikanische Zigaretten!

ArtyScout

Hello All;

I'm starting my new post now on my next diorama. I posted some pics on another thread, but I think its time to get this one officially started. These are pics of a U.S. M-8 Greyhound Armored Car. These are WIP pics so I still have to dullcote the vehicle to make the decals blend even more and weather it some more. As always all comments and critiques are welcome.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-80577200-1529819546_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-22665600-1529819559_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-45014900-1529819568_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-35465500-1529819580_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-66890700-1529819594_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-62162200-1529819607_thumb.jpg

Hello again, I have one more pic of the primed packs to be attached to my armored car.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-67344700-1529819857_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Hi Manny, good to see that you are starting your next project. Great build so far. I'm curious how the final dio will look like, especially reading the title of your thread!

Lars

Hello Lars,

Well its partly based on Dragon Models figures of Ambush at Poteau during the early stages of The Battle of the Bulge. I'll have a Pzkpfw-IV ausf J tank along with some German figures. I've finished the Mark IV and figures but I didn't post any pics in keeping with the rules & regulations of the forum. I still have some weathering and tweaking to do. I'll post the finished M-8 first and then I'll post the finished diorama.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hello Manny, looking good so far!

Will you be attaching antennas to the mounts? Imo it adds to the overall look of the vehicle. I normally use unwound guitar strings ( 0.10 or 0.12) for that but if you do be careful for your eyes ^_^.

Rene

Hello Manny, looking good so far!

Will you be attaching antennas to the mounts? Imo it adds to the overall look of the vehicle. I normally use unwound guitar strings ( 0.10 or 0.12) for that but if you do be careful for your eyes ^_^.

Rene

Hey Rene,

Thanks for the comments. I haven't decided if I want to put the antennas. I'll check more references pics regarding my diorama. But thanks on guitar strings idea. BTW thanks for the laugh regarding the eyes. :D

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hey,

You can say that the M-8 Greyhound is 85% finished. It still needs a little more weathering and I need to add the added equipment. But I like how it looks so far. I DO want to post the Pzkpfw IV ausf J that will be in the diorama. I'm considering removing the white balkenkreuz and put on the black & white balkenkreuz transfers. We will see. I hope you like the pics. As always ALL comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-48871300-1530045851_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-57123600-1530045867_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-25668800-1530045882_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dennis, I was working today on the gear and equipment that will go on the M-8.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Garandomatic

You know, in the Bulge, an M8 from the 87th Cav of the 7th AD was hiding in a bush and a Tiger Tank (probably in reality a panzer IV of some sort) drove on past. M8 floored it and got close enough to point blank the panzer. A few rounds of 37mm in the German's sensitive spot did the rest and the M8 crawled back into its bush. Witnessed by the bulk of A Co., 38th Armored Infantry if I recall.

Garandomatic

Just looked into it, and at least one person laid hands on the AAR and said that it was actually a Tiger II...

The Little Engine that Could's got nothing on that Greyhound...

"I think I can! I think I can!"

Hey G,

Thanks for the info on that segment of the battle. My diorama was somewhat something like that. I always tweak things as I go along.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Manny,

excellent work so far. Please post some close-ups of the Panzer IV. Thanks!

Lars

Hi Lars,

Welcome back from your vacation, I hope you had a great time. As for the request for a close-up on the Mk IV, I don't think that would be in keeping with the forum rules. :) But I'll see what I can do.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hi Lars,

I'm posting the pics you wanted but I'm also posting the finished M-8. I'll tweak as go along but I like the way it came out. On the Mk IV I weathered and added rust to the areas where I thought it would get rust. I'm thinking about adding foliage to the Mk IV, but I'll see how it looks. Enjoy and as always all comments and critiques are greatly welcomed.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-57131300-1531203440_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-40786500-1531203452_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-54971400-1531203464_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-67015100-1531203479_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Hi Manny,

indeed we spent some fantasic days in the Tyrolean Alps again....

TA.jpg

Sorry, don't want to hijack your thread with my vacation memories! So back to your dio. It's absolute okay to post ANY components of your dio including the German tank, figures etc. I did the same with my "spoils of war" dios. It's a U.S. related project so NO problem here. Please post all elements, they are looking fantastic so far!

Lars

Hey Lars,

Thanks for the update on the forum rules. I'm trying to finish it up so I can head back to southeast Asia. BTW that is an awesome picture of the Tyrolean Alps. Question: Is that the Inn River? I don't know anything about the area, I just checked it out on a map and spotted that river in the area. Again, I'm glad you had a nice vacation and welcome back.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! We've had some fantastic summer days and I took advantage of them so I took my time with my diorama, but I finally finished it. Wehrmacht forces move past a captured M-8 Greyhound as a few of the German soldiers enjoy a smoke of American cigarettes. I'm glad I finished so I can head back to Vietnam. Enjoy the pics, and I hope you like them and as always ALL comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-43575200-1532152420_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-42329300-1532152442_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

EXCELLENT, Manny!!! Tanks and figures are painted very realistic, superb weathering, the camo uniforms are very well executed! Background picture fits 100%. Regarding the last two pictures one could consider adding some snow spots beside the tanks but don't has to be. Top job, I like this dio very much!

Lars