are these USMC M41 suspenders WWII or Vietnam era?

BOLO

nguoi tien su

Looks WWII, but it is what the USMC used in VN.

You can find loads of suspenders 1968 dated, green color, but IMO they have not been issued.

BTW those are really nice !

NTS

thanks, they do look a lot like the ones used in Vietnam because the coloration looks like the type used in korea & vietnam

early WWII are usually more tan in color

nguoi tien su

The one you show on the post #1 are perfect for VN. The green one not.

The WWII "tan" model is the most specific in 1965.

usmc_210.jpg

See the real difference in the colors on the 1st Marine. Justin won't say it's green, will he?

usmc_310.jpg

or this last photo with a mixture of darker tan and light tan, but no green.

usmc_110.jpg

craig_pickrall

I have the USMC M41 Haversack with a 1967 date in OD107. The matching suspenders are dated 1968. I also have the M41 made in nylon that is dated 1968. I don't think you will see any photos of that gear in use until probably 1968. All of the 1965 pics would be the WW2 or KW gear being used up.

post-5-1227888567.jpg

post-5-1227888574.jpg

post-5-1227888579.jpg

post-5-1227888584.jpg

See the real difference in the colors on the 1st Marine. Justin won't say it's green, will he?

No, Har Har, But I will say my GREEN 1st aid pouches are green when they clearly are.

Greg Robinson
I have the USMC M41 Haversack with a 1967 date in OD107. The matching suspenders are dated 1968. I also have the M41 made in nylon that is dated 1968. I don't think you will see any photos of that gear in use until probably 1968. All of the 1965 pics would be the WW2 or KW gear being used up.

NO WAY!!!!!!!! Some supply SGT, in the interest of historical correctness, would have REFUSED to issue 782 gear in WW2/Korean War color shades. Why those Marines would have been laughed at by the NVA. :lol: