B-15C Jacket

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

I was curious to see if you guys could help me with an opinion on this jacket. Please let me know your thoughts about it and any concerns.

Thanks,

Kevin

post-2569-0-15858800-1529744223_thumb.jpg

post-2569-0-59100400-1529744228_thumb.jpg

post-2569-0-45541400-1529744234_thumb.jpg

post-2569-0-63318100-1529744240_thumb.jpg

There are some things I like and a couple things that give me pause. Can you send a clear photo of the main zipper and the stitching around the collar. The white modification tag is different than others I have seen. The modification was the removal of the fur collar and replacement of the knit. Is the stitching in that area different than the rest of the jacket? Kevin

vintageproductions

Kevin from the photos it almost looks like a commercial B-15C that was made for the fashion market. Hope I'm wrong.

I had one just like this one that I got while in the USAF in the late 1960'S. The one I had was labeled as a B-15 (Modified). Like an idiot, I sold this thing about 1980. I wouldn't worry about the zipper. It was probably a replacement, which was common. Nice jacket.

phantomfixer

The concerns I have are that I can see is a relacement main zipper...and the mod tag was not completed...the last four digits of the stock number indicate type and size of the garmet...last two being the size, are missing...other than those items...looks like a good jacket...

Anyone know if mods were locally complied with at the base fab shop/ chute repair