1943 "American Women in Uniform"

hhbooker2

(1943) Mary Steele Ross authored "American Women in Uniform" and it was illustrated by Branford. It showed the uniforms and insignia of the American Red Cross, American Red Star Animal Relief, American Women's Hospital Reserve Corps, American Women's Voluntary Services, Army Emergency Relief, Army Nurse Corps, Army Relief Society, Association of Army and Navy Wives, Bundles for America (Inc.), Citizen's Committee for the Army and Navy, Daughters of the Defenders of the Republic (U.S.A.), Friends of Democracy, Junior American Nurse (Inc.), National Women's Council of the Navy League of the United States, Navy Mother's Clubs of America, Navy Relief, Navy Nurse Corps, Office of Civilian Defense, Relief Wings (Inc.), United Service Organizations, Volunteer Land Army (Inc.), Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron, Women's Flying Training Program, Women's Reserve of the United States Naval Reserve, Women's Overseas Service League, Women's Reserve of the United States Coast Guard Reserve, Ranking Officers, Women's Land Army, Women's Ordnance Workers, Women in Radio and Electrical Service, Identification Quiz, Dogs for Defense (Inc.), Answers to Identification Quiz, and Some Do's and Don't for Women on Parade. :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) If you want to see these in a larger format, email me and I'll send you free scans on a daily basis. :rolleyes: [Here is page 5 showing the contents of the WW2 book on women's services].

post-837-1227751218.jpg

ermm.gif Page 9 shows the services of the American Red Cross and their epaulettes in various colour schemes. ermm.gif

post-837-1227751477.jpg

:rolleyes: Page 13. Rank Insignia - A.R.C. Motor Corps. I have both Corporal and Sergeant cloth rank badges, believe it or not?

post-837-1227840137.jpg