USMC WW II N.A.P. Group

bobgee

Recently acquired a small but nice Naval Aviation Pilot (N.A.P.) group to enlisted Marine StfSgt John A. Landis, Jr. Born in Baltimore, MD in 1919 he had enlisted in the Corps in Aug 1939. He received his wings at Pensacola on 8 Jan 1943. Sadly exactly one month later, 8 Feb 1943, he was killed in an air crash near Miami, Fl. From preliminary research it might have been due to a mid-air collision in a Brewster Buffalo. The group contains his large U.S. Naval Aviator's certificate, his i.d. tags, his wallet, which is embossed with a M-1926 droop-wing EGA containing various cards, licenses & photos, a private purchase brass Army-type belt buckle with a nicely rendered EGA, his Naval Aviator I.D. booklet which contains his USMC I.D. card with photo and a club membership card for St. Thomas, Virgin Islands as well as a photo-booth pic of him in dress blues. We sometimes forget that many WW II aviators died in training accidents while perfecting their skills to fight the enemy. Enjoy. Semper Fi......Bobgee

20180622_134513.jpgIMG_20180622_0001.jpg20180622_134315.jpg20180622_134521.jpg

Rip Ssgt Landis Nice to remember the many aviators who were lost in training accidents and there were many. Great group Thanks for posting it

Mark

• 1 year later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Awesome group Bob! Love that wallet! If you ever in the future decide to part with this group let me know (: