1941 Tag

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

This is one of a nice pair of early WW II tags of Augustus C. Treece 37051765.

They are associated with a US Army, wool serge coat, with the standard Army Air Force insignia and Corporal rank with the Honorable Discharge insignia. I bought the uniform from a vendor who was from Missouri and said he bought it with a bunch of various military uniforms at an estate sale in Missouri. Apparently the estate was of a collector. None of the laundry markings in the coat match the tags. I dont find Augustus C. Treece on Find-A-Grave or any other searches I did. The numbers on the tag indicate it is for a draftee from the Seventh Corps area.

Thanks for looking.

BKW

post-1549-0-20778100-1529551887_thumb.jpg

Hello Brian, your Vet went by his middle name....easy find

Augustus Clyde Treece

24 Jan 1920 - 5 May 2001

Fairview cemetery Sweet Springs MO. 65351 (No photo)

Looks like he stayed in the area where he now rest.

listed as A. Clyde Treece

Good Luck in your search

• 2 years later...

Hi Brian,

I have been researching my family tree on my mom side and found your post.  The man from those tags is my Grandmothers brother Clyde, who lived in Concorida, MO.  I remember him very well and always enjoyed visiting him, he was a really cool guy!  Here are some pictures of him so you can put a face to the name.  I can't tell you how excited both my mom and I were to see his tags, we are thrilled they went to a collector and someone that can appreciate them, he would have been happy to know that as well.  Thank you for posting this and thank you to everyone else who took the time to research him.  

~Tracey

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2757.jpeg

IMG_2758.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tracey,

Thanks so very much for adding the photographs! Yes, I do like to put a face to the soldier. Excellent! Can you tell us about any of his service life?

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

BKW