Iwo Jima Veteran Bringback !

Pbaczuk

Thank you so much for the translations. I will try to locate a name on the coloring book. Is there an archive of Japanese soldiers from Iwo Jima?

Simon Lerenfort

Would be great to ID the soldier who drew the pictures, I hope he made it back to his family too. What a group of items from an iconic time.

Only place that would have such an archive would be Yasukuni, but that is not available to the general public. The only battle I have ever had luck in IDing items from is Attu. There is a complete Attu garrison memorial booklet that IDs all Japanese soldiers who fell there.

So the elementary school coloring book pictures were originally black and white and they were colored in?

Tom

No. That is separate. I picked up several items from different sources. This is all I got from this “pick”. Unfortunately, Marine’s medals and some other items were sold the day before.

I got two compasses from different places. One a wrist, the other a gun or survey compass. What will tomorrow bring.

I got two compasses from different places. One a wrist, the other a gun or survey compass. What will tomorrow bring.

Good hunting Paul!!

• 3 weeks later...