UFH M1 ?

Pep

If you are not familiar with it, that crazy flaming bomb can throw people off sometimes. Your M1 is legit. The black finish could mean that it is a Greek return. More often than not, they have a number stamped on the cross guard, however, I have seen many that do not.

Marv

The bayonet that is the subject of this thread exhibits 4 characteristics that point to an original as manufactured UFH M1 bayonet. they are:

1) Dull black finish as opposed to the Greek black which tend to be shinier and wears very easily.

2) The grip scales are typical UFH which have a higher lines per inch count than the other makers.

3) The shiny black hot blued finish of the press release button. Replacements and refurbs are usually but not always parkerized.

4) The unique to UFH M1s flat sided profile of the crossguard. The other makers crossguards tend to be more rounded.

Hey Gang! Just checking the blade out again. Remembered that years ago, US M1 bayonets coming out of Denmark where refinished in a very dark, black finish like the one in question. Also the locking latch pictured on this one has a WT (Wilde Tool), stamp on it. Which tells me it was disassembled for refinish, and put together from parts in a bin. I believe UFH made all their own parts. Kinda doubt they bought latches from WT. But, it is a nice one. SKIP

Good piece that went thru a refurbish. SOME out there would want the WT release...

Ditto on REMMAN 's observations. And prewar refurbs seem to have higher count per inch lines.

Of note; at present I have 10 different sets of plastic grips. Primarily lines per inch, makers, brown, etc.