New member, WWI AEF collector...

jpipes

Just posting a quick hello. Looking forward to being a member here.

My interests include WWI AEF, ACW, AWI, WW2 Normandy, and general US military history. WWI AEF is my most recent obsession and I've jumped in with both feet. I focus on collecting unit histories, military books, uniforms, original photos, letters, and related ephemera. I'm a published author and relatively experienced collector. I have an extensive personal library of a few thousand titles and have experience in primary source materials and archival research, including the National Archives. I especially love researching artifacts with known provenance and uncovering (and preserving) their details. My university background is in Archaeology so I am a huge stickler for provenance, preservation, documentation, and keeping groupings intact when possible. I'm a former SSG in the California State Military Reserve.

I run the largest military history book marketplace group on Facebook - Military Books Marketplace. I also run a new WWI AEF collector discussion group - World War I AEF Collectors.

Looking forward to meeting fellow collectors and taking part in discussions here!

Welcome! Thanks for posting information about your FB page. Ive been selling military books on EBay (behindthelinesbooks) for about 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...