movie: 1991 Marine EOD & helicopter ops Northern Iraq

Bob Hudson

This is a glorified slideshow from color slides of Marines in what I believe is 1991's Operation Provide Comfort in northern Iraq. That assumption is based on the one photo of Marines with HMM-264 Black Knights patches on their flight suits. Based on the crude flight facilities this appears to be some sort of outpost. The Marines (and a Navy chaplain) are still wearing the old woodland camo. Note the EOD badges on the guys loading some contraband weapons.

You may wonder, as I do, "Who is the blonde with the camera? Most likely a reporter and/or news photograoher.

• 1 year later...

This week I set up a light table to help me photograph - scan, if you will,  film slides with my iPhone. Here's the slides used to make this Youtube video. The video actually uses older scans of the slides. 

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6802.JPGIMG_6804.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

I built a little scanner  jig that allows me to easily arrange slides in groups of four on a light table and take photos of them with a camera on a sliding mount.  I can crop out sections of any the four slides and come up with some decent internet-sized photos:

cu.jpg

cu2.jpg

cu3.jpg