Restoration Project - Big Thanks to Wally76!

TLHSS

This post is a bit photo heavy ... but I think folks will enjoy it.

A couple of years ago, I purchased two carvings via a local Craigslist ad. They belonged to a vet who served in the US Constabulary forces at the end of WWII. One piece was in very good shape. One piece was pretty banged up ... probably played with by multiple kids through the 1950's and 1960's. I admit I would have played with it (when my dad wasn't looking) and blamed my brother when it ended up being broken.

I'm a sucker for folk art, so I bought them regardless of condition, not knowing if they were repairable.

post-2144-0-86706300-1528774860_thumb.jpg

Recently, I was browsing posts on the Forum, and saw some impressive examples of stone and wood carving from member Wally76 (Michael). I sent Michael the above photos, and asked if he could try to restore the jeep and driver. He graciously offered to do the work. The results were amazing, to say the least.

post-2144-0-05525900-1528775391.jpg

post-2144-0-54623100-1528775408.jpg

I can't thank Michael enough. The pieces look great together. I think the veteran would be very happy with the results.

And finally a photo of the veteran:

post-2144-0-96629300-1528775947_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed seeing the completed project.

Tim

Those are some SUPER neat pieces!!! The restoration looks great, and I love how it wasn't overdone, leaving the original patina intact.

Awesome!

He didn't alter any of the pieces that were there. Only carved the new pieces, matching the style of the original carving, and painted the new pieces to match the old (which proved to be a very difficult part of the process).

Very nice and very unique.

Outstanding on getting them restored.....awesome work by Wally76.He really did a spectacular job

Very cool! I don't think you could have made a better choice for restoration work. Just enough repair work, adding to the pieces without taking away their charm. Well done, both of you!

I agree, the Veteran would be quite pleased. With both the finished product, as well as the perfect new home!

Nice job! When I first saw the title, I thought I was going to see new paint work, every chip filled, etc. Wally76 did a great job!