Looking for ID; 2nd Division WWI?

36-tex

No one answered yet. It would be 3rd Battalion, 6th Marines. (blue diamond) Problem here is that it appears to be on an Army signal corps jacket? Probably added. Semper Fi - Jeff

36-tex is the Indian Head stenciled or how it it made.I have never seen a 2nd division or a 2nd Division Marine that looks quite like that one.You could PM Eric Queen and get his thoughts on it.Scotty

Not that anything isn't possible but I have never seen a second division patch without a star (that I can recall) and have never seen an Indian head like that (not that I have seen it all by any means). Looks commercial/non-military to me.

A 2nd Division patch on a blue diamond on an Army uniform could be possible though. The patch designation was reassigned from 3rd Bn. 6th Marines to 3rd Bn. 20th Inf. Regiment is September of 1920. Most of those patches that I have seen were ME (on white stars) though.

Strange. Would like to see a better (closer, clearer) photo of it.

Thank you all for your replies! This jacket should be in my hands this Thursday. I will post better pictures at that time. The vet was from OK is about all I know.