U.S. 1918 L.F.&C-1918 Knife Handle

Striker57

Ok...in the early 80's I was assigned to the Marine Security Detachment at the US Consulate in Casablanca, Morocco.

One hot day we were at a market somewhere between Casablanca and Marrakech. In this small market selling mainly junk (fleamarket) I went though a large wood chest full of small beat up metal parts/pieces...in the middle of it all I found this!!!!!

Now given where I and how I found it I am thinking it is safe to assume it;s the real deal. Now the question is, where can I find an original blade and acorn nut. I know I can get replicas but would rather spend the money on original parts.

post-181928-0-75375600-1528646678_thumb.jpg

post-181928-0-97478700-1528646757_thumb.jpg

post-181928-0-84671200-1528646931.jpg

militariaone

Greetings,

I concur with your assessment of the handle's originality. As far as parts you and quite a few others are searching for original replacement parts. eBay appears to be the best consistent source for original blades and skull crusher's nuts. Expect to pay well for a blade and nut combo in decent shape. I don't do prices, but wish you luck in your knife's rebuilding project.

Best,

V/r Lance

I suppose there's a 1918 out there with a bum grip. Finding it will be the fun park. There is a post close by that might be helpful if the stars align.