What ribbons are these? (WWII Navy ca.1941)

I'm fairly certain the one on the right is an American Defense Ribbon.

The one in the middle I can't figure out if that is an arrowhead or a star.

Thanks!

Eric

27759902797_857b5d9123_k.jpg

I'm not sure what ribbon it would be but since it appears to be a Navy uniform...I would say it is a star.

RIP Molly...Oct. 2000 - July 2013 For 13 years you have been my best friend and companion, giving love and asking only for love in return. May you rest now, free from your pain. I will miss you girl, and will keep you in my heart forever....the sweetest dog and best friend ever! I'll see you again one day.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Showing the entire photo would provide more context. The type of rate and any hashmarks could rule-out some ribbons and narrow down the likely candidates. For example, the first ribbon looks like it could be a 2nd Nicaraguan Campaign Medal, but if the full portrait shows this to be a WW2 era rate and there are no hashmarks, the 2nd Nic Medal would be ruled-out.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Thanks for the replies so far.

So this is WWII, he was a Radioman in the US Navy for the full duration of the war.

I have his records, with several of the original documents. I used those to get his medals which were never issued. He received:

European-African Middle Eastern Campaign

American Campaign

Asiatic Pacific (though strangely based on what ships he served on and when, I can't determine that he should have received this award.)

American Defense

Good Conduct

WWII Victory Medal

They included the following with the medals:

Combat Action Ribbon

Honorable Discharge lapel pin

Honorable Service lapel pin.

I'm putting all of this in a shadow box including a Radioman Class 2 patch that I bought, a couple of English coins he had in a tie tac box, and there was even a St. Christopher medal with his initials with his initials and Bishop Choi, though curiously Choi wasn't a bishop until the 50s. So I don't know how he came into possession of that.

I'm trying to determine what his ribbons are so that I can acquire and include those in the box.

Bruce,

I know it seems like it should be straight-forward, but his military records don't list many of those awards. I was surprised that they included what they did because I was only expecting the one. I'm trying to be absolutely certain that I don't include a ribbon in the shadowbox that he didn't earn because this is a Christmas gift for my mother.

Thanks,

Eric