Davis Roll up jungle First Aid Kit

Survival

Here is a link to a fellow forum members website that actually shows what a complete Davis Jungle Kit looks like. The listed inventory he has does not match the actual contents of the kit that you can see in the pictures. But looking at the pictures you can see that it looks like everything is there. I received permission to add it to the topic.

Note his kit has a quinine sulfate vial rather then atabrine. Personally I think this could very well be correct for an early issue kit even though I have no written proof of that.

He believes it should have a second quinine sulfate vial and that's possible because you may have needed more or larger quinine pills to give you the same amount of protection as the later use of atabrine. Or its possible that early kit may have had a slot for an empty vial like the later kits.

Note that as far as I can tell most of the contents have the Davis Company name on them and do not have an Army stock number.

http://ww2awartobewon.com/wwii-collectibles/m1-m2-jungle-first-aid-kit/

Here is a picture of my kit. The Skat insect repellent is MSA brand rather then Davis so not quite correct. Note my kit and the kit in the previous link both have a packet of sulfamilanide included. That is not shown in the inventories I have seen listed but it was there in the original kit when I purchased it.

post-6413-0-53363300-1528263730_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/14/2018 at 1:10 PM, USARV72 said:

FM 21-11, April 7,1943, page 78-79 show roll, lists contents.

Can you scan and upload page 78 and 70 from FM21-11, April 1943 for those of us that do not have access to this document? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, USARV72 said:

FM is packed up, not sure where it is, will look. May take a few days, having surgery Friday.

No worries and no need to locate and upload it. I found it online. Thanks!