WWII PTO 24th Division Bronze Star Medal to Native American

jeffs1130

I picked this up this Bronze Star Medal a few days ago on eBay and unfortunately it was broken up from it's Purple Heart... So I am posting it here in the hopes that whoever bought the Purple Heart would like to get the Bronze Star Medal back with it... I hate when groupings are broken up! Hopefully the buyer is a fellow member or finds this posting.

Awarded to PFC Henry KNOXSAH (1919 - 1967) of Kansas, a member of the Kickapoo Tribe.

I believe he served in the 24th Division as records show he was awarded a Silver Star Medal (Headquarters, 24th Infantry Division, General Orders No. 59 (1945). I believe that was awarded for action on New Guinea as the General Orders No. seems too low for the Philippines.

I also found an article in which he participated in a raid on a Japanese held island in the Philippines. Although not mentioned by name in this particular article, he is mentioned in other similar articles in other newspapers. (See Below)

I believe his Bronze Star Medal was probably awarded as a CIB/Bronze Star conversion, but I could be wrong... The engraving is Post-WWII.

If you purchased his Purple Heart and are interested in getting his Bronze Star Medal please contact me, I would like to see both medals back together again!

Thanks,

Jeff

post-163305-0-37973900-1528167409.jpg

post-163305-0-02348700-1528167426_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
Knoxsah_Martinez

Good Evening.

This medal belonged to my Grandpa Henry Knoxsah.  I Just started researching my familytree.  I dont have the other piece, but perhaps one of the family does.  That's so awesome!  Miigwech - Egwiiyen -

O.K.