Molle 2 system question

WW2JAKE

With the molle 2 system, there is a hydration carrier and several packs including the ruck and assault pack. I know the hydration carrier attaches to the back of the molle vest and the ruck sack. But how do you attach a hydration system to the assault pack? It has Velcro flaps for what I assume would be a hydration tube but I can't figure out how to put one in it? Are the flaps only on the airborne style pack for the straps to pass through?

There should be a 'pouch' on the inside of the assault pack that you slide the camelback into. The hose is fed thru the slots at the top. This is the same way that radios are carried in the assault pack.

Peter

There should be a 'pouch' on the inside of the assault pack that you slide the camelback into. The hose is fed thru the slots at the top. This is the same way that radios are carried in the assault pack.

Peter

I thought about that, but in other packs with the ability to add internal bladder (like a molle medic pack I have) you put the bladder in by itself without a cover.

Would you put it in with or without a cover? Does it matter?

milsurp_scout_14

I know for sure the hose goes through the small velcro flaps in the top (immediately on either side of the carry handle), but I have never actually seen anyone fit a bladder into the pack. It would probably have to be just the bladder, without the carrier, as the space provided is very thin.

With or without cover, shouldn't matter, whatever you can make work. Most of the time our assault packs stayed in vehicles so the short amount of time we wore the assault packs, I just had my camelback on my back. I can't remember now whether my RTO had his camelback in the assault pack or not, it was entirely personal preference. I have carried the assault pack on day hikes and just stuffed the bladder without the cover into the pouch. As Scout said, it is a tight space.