US Marine Corps WWI? Honorable Discharge Lapel Pin

55rocker52

Hey Guys,

I picked up this USMC HD lapel pin today. This is the first one that I have come across with a dark blue enamel background instead of the standard white. Has someone out there made any reference posts, as to when, and how many different styles they made, and when they where first made? I was wondering also, if this lapel pin with both longitudinal, and latitudinal lines present indicate that it was made during or at the end of WWI service? post-54415-0-28629500-1527989754.jpgpost-54415-0-61573300-1527989767.jpg

Thanks Again,

Kent

I don't think anyone has pinned down the number of styles...I have somewhere between 15-20 variants in my collection, and this is a new one to me

55rocker52

Thanks guys,

I would have initially thought reservist, but why dark blue over the usual light blue? I just recently sold my first numbered MCHD lapel pin, which I had thought was very rare, but surprisingly didn't have much interest.

Kent

They're a niche item. Used to bring 20 bucks or so for early ones, I sold a WWI-20s one last night, after sitting on eBay for weeks, for ten bucks