Sign in to follow this  
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

6 Color Desert M69 / 3/4th Collar Vest Flak Vests?

Saw one on amazon a while back, found another for sale on eBay, any thoughts? Very weird.

post-153751-0-84867600-1527972814_thumb.jpg

post-153751-0-46283600-1527972823_thumb.jpg

Some of the reviews suggest that they got ones with Israeli tags, but they all say they resemble the Vietnam war ones or don't mention the color, and they say "color: Olive Drab" so I assume they aren't getting 6 color vests. The description says it is a reproduction, but the reviews seem like they are getting legit vests.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

post-153751-0-08930200-1527973320_thumb.jpg\

This one was on ebay, and is crudely made, clearly made from an assembled 3/4th collar vest an something 6 color that was already assembled. There is a big seam diagonally across the front flap that serves no purpose, it must be made from savaged material. So it could be a fake, but for what purpose? I doubt they could get more money for this than for a unmessed with flak jacket.

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

post-153751-0-64493100-1527973537_thumb.jpg

you can see the label has been removed from the flak jacket and sewn back on once the 6 color was sewn on

Well this is strange...I have no input, but it's odd. One of the Israeli sendbacks I have has the US tag obscured, and a single letter (L for large) tag sewn onto the inside of the collar. You'd think they'd do that with these desert ones too if Israel is where they're from.

In my opinion, they are fakes, made from DBDU cover used with PASGT-Vest.

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
See my current collection of Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service - from WW2 to present) HERE
See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
See my collection of jackets HERE

Yep definitely made up, its dated 68 or 69 obviously been toyed with

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

I agree they are likely fake, but why would someone fake it? Who would pay more for an unknown, which if assumed real would probably be Israeli or Saudi or something, instead of a nice Vietnam war dated 3/4 collar vest?

s-l400-10.jpg

s-l400-15.jpg