6 Color Desert M69 / 3/4th Collar Vest Flak Vests?

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Saw one on amazon a while back, found another for sale on eBay, any thoughts? Very weird.

post-153751-0-84867600-1527972814_thumb.jpg

post-153751-0-46283600-1527972823_thumb.jpg

Some of the reviews suggest that they got ones with Israeli tags, but they all say they resemble the Vietnam war ones or don't mention the color, and they say "color: Olive Drab" so I assume they aren't getting 6 color vests. The description says it is a reproduction, but the reviews seem like they are getting legit vests.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

post-153751-0-08930200-1527973320_thumb.jpg\

This one was on ebay, and is crudely made, clearly made from an assembled 3/4th collar vest an something 6 color that was already assembled. There is a big seam diagonally across the front flap that serves no purpose, it must be made from savaged material. So it could be a fake, but for what purpose? I doubt they could get more money for this than for a unmessed with flak jacket.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

post-153751-0-64493100-1527973537_thumb.jpg

you can see the label has been removed from the flak jacket and sewn back on once the 6 color was sewn on

• 3 weeks later...
milsurp_scout_14

Well this is strange...I have no input, but it's odd. One of the Israeli sendbacks I have has the US tag obscured, and a single letter (L for large) tag sewn onto the inside of the collar. You'd think they'd do that with these desert ones too if Israel is where they're from.

• 2 months later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I agree they are likely fake, but why would someone fake it? Who would pay more for an unknown, which if assumed real would probably be Israeli or Saudi or something, instead of a nice Vietnam war dated 3/4 collar vest?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...