Hello from Ohio

CWCollector

CWCollector

Hello everybody, I am new to the forum and can't wait to dig in and learn more. I started collecting about 3 years ago with a primary focus on Civil War but I also collect Indian War and Spanish American War era. I just found my real niche about a year and a half ago when I acquired my first uniform item. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and gaining knowledge here.

stratasfan

Always love finding another Ohio collector! this forum is filled with knowledgeable members! You'll be amazed! My GGGGrandfather service with the 103rd OVI and was on Sherman's March to the Sea.

CWCollector

Thank you all for the warm greetings. Browsing through the forums has been very educating so far. I can't wait until my restrictions have been lifted so I can really join in! My grandfather always told me we were related to General Sherman. Sadly I never really asked how and I have been unable to find the link. My grandfathers side of the family was from around the Lancaster area so maybe someday I will find it. I am from Columbus, not far from Camp Chase.

CWCollector

Garandomatic that's great! If you haven't been there yet, I recommend visiting Motts Military Museum in Groveport.

http://www.mottsmilitarymuseum.org/

I just found out about it and made a trip earlier this year. I was overwhelmed by the quantity of artifacts they have on display. I wish I had more time to really enjoy it but my kids were there and they got bored.