Recently Acquired Patch Collection

MasonK

That's great Eric. Glad to see he came back to your offer. I think most people do when they're treated fairly like I'm sure you did.

greendevilsix

Mason,

This is truly a fine collection, congratulations on the acquisition! I would offer one suggestion which is to take the Black and Yellow AIRBORNE Tab from the Anti-Aircraft Command patch and put it over the 17th Airborne Division. A Blue and White AIRBORNE Tab was worn over the Anti-Aircraft Command patch by some units.

Kind Regards,

Jim

Rakkasan187

Great collection Erik...

I like the phantom or Ghost division patches you have there...

Well done...

Patience pays off...

Leigh

Mason,

This is truly a fine collection, congratulations on the acquisition! I would offer one suggestion which is to take the Black and Yellow AIRBORNE Tab from the Anti-Aircraft Command patch and put it over the 17th Airborne Division. A Blue and White AIRBORNE Tab was worn over the Anti-Aircraft Command patch by some units.

Kind Regards,

Jim

Thanks, Jim! I had a spare, larger black and yellow AB tab to use on the 17th AB insignia. I wound up using the Blue and White tab on the XVIII AB Corps patch as it was a better fit.

I was using the Pete Morgan's US Military Patch Guide as a reference, and on their example (see below) they used the Black and Yellow tab over the AA Cmd patch. Didn't have an example with the AB tab, so thought I would go that route. Wasn't aware the Blue and White tab was also used. Any reason for the different tab colors other than aesthetics?

post-29885-0-87458300-1527777003.jpg

Great collection Erik...

I like the phantom or Ghost division patches you have there...

Well done...

Patience pays off...

Leigh

Thanks, Smitty! Some of my favorites of the group. Only 5 short of a complete set, including others not pictured that I already had.

That's great Eric. Glad to see he came back to your offer. I think most people do when they're treated fairly like I'm sure you did.

Thanks, Jeff. I try to be fair....most of the time! :D

Very nice.

Thanks! I know you got to see the other side of the collection. I wish I would have been able to make a deal for the entire lot, but it's in good hands now with our mutual friend.

Nice bullion 71st Division

Thanks, FF! It was one of the first patches I noticed when looking over the group shot the seller provided.

Here's a close-up of both German made 71st patches...

post-29885-0-47398200-1528236402_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

Nice selection of patches!You have some nice variations,especially the bullions.The patches are all in great shape and don't have the paper and glue on the backs that are oftentimes found on these collections.Looks like the FSSF is the "fat" variation,which is harder to find.I like the 6th Cav patch,which looks to be embellished.Overall I think that you did very well.

Awesome instant patch collection Eric.

Some really nice ones there.

Thank you for turning me on to the Dark Side of the collection.

I would post some pics but its against forum rules ; )

firefighter

Thanks, FF! It was one of the first patches I noticed when looking over the group shot the seller provided.

Here's a close-up of both German made 71st patches...

attachicon.gifphpwkw8OFPM.jpg

Both are sweet looking. Thank you for the front/back images

Awesome instant patch collection Eric.

Some really nice ones there.

Thank you for turning me on to the Dark Side of the collection.

I would post some pics but its against forum rules ; )

No problem, Mark! Glad it all worked out!