New 28th ID Pick-ups, found names!

heftaa01

Added 2 more jackets to my collection due to the sharp eyes of a friend. I've been building the 28th collection over the years, and these fill a gap in WWII Uniforms. After getting them home I was able to use laundry numbers and notes in one pocket to get a tenuous ID for both. Further research will determine if these are correct but its a start for now.

First up is an Ike with 28th and 66th ID insignia. Inside the pocket I was able to find two notes. I researched both names which appear to be 109th INF soldiers (so CIB and PUC make sense). One name however matches a laundry mark I found inside the sleeve.

post-88120-0-24692200-1527694372_thumb.jpg

post-88120-0-83352800-1527698258.jpg

The second, a service coat, was picked up at a local event for ungodly cheap. The seller had tons of uniforms at low cost, and stated most were brought in by family members after loved ones passed.

I was able to find a laundry mark in the sleeve which narrowed my search down. I searched the names for my area of PA and found an OBIT that matched the ribbons and rank on the coat. Further research is required but felt like this was a pretty probably ID.

Ribbons are as found, but the bar and collar disks show evidence of being on the coat for a long time in this configuration.

post-88120-0-54353600-1527698801_thumb.jpg