Two Son in Service Banners - help

Berzotti*

Many years ago I had a model of a star (similar to that of two), but I ended up letting go, penitent I decided to look for another bannr and after a few weeks of searching on ebay and six months of waiting, finally arrived.

Searching a few topics today until about six years ago I found some information, but I still have my doubts, I would like someone to help me, maybe Mr. Jerry.

The one-star I believe to be WWI period, appears to be made of cotton or twill, wood has no glossy paint

The two-stars I believe to be WWII period, it appears to be made of a synthetic fabric, the stars are patterned and possesses glossy paint.

All opinions are welcome.

Best regards,

Marcio.

post-284-0-50489100-1527562400_thumb.jpg

post-284-0-20120000-1527562412_thumb.jpg

Bob Hudson

I think it is almost impossible to date these with any certainty without provenance. Here's a known WWI piece (from my wife's great grandmother who had four children in the service in WWI). The fabric is the same as yours, but I see no reason why such a style could not have been used in WWII also.

I think the fabric is muslin.

1.jpg

This one came with two stars and the grandmother sewed on two more:

2.jpg

This link may turn up some documented matches of your newer one: site:usmilitariaforum.com blue star flags

I tend to see more of the applied stars or multi construction flags for WW1 and the screen printed type for WW2.

Also have seen stars done in velvet flocking for WW2

I would agree with Doyler, the single star I would think is WWI era and the 2 star WW2.

Bob, that is an awesome WWI flag with the additional stars and family history.

Fellas, thanks for your opinion, very important to me.

Muslin, it really does.

Bob, Wonderful family treasure, which honors to be able to save for the next generations.

Regards,

Marcio.