Fake Le Breve Balloon Wings

Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

These are coming up at a local auction and was just wondering if anyone could let me know if they're legit...Also, what do these usually go for? Don't want to over bid. Sorry, but these are the only pics I have...Hope they're detailed enough. Thanks for any help.

post-1642-1227576776.jpg

post-1642-1227576784.jpg

Fakes. Rather common fakes at that, I know about 3 or 4 examples were posted up on the Fakes and Reproductions thread pinned on the top of this forum.

Patrick

Although Patrick has mentioned that this is a fake and wanted to add that the pattern appears to be based upon a design that was made up of 18 seperate handcut parts... tough to copy something like that!

BTW there is a new book out that covers the Balloon Corps by DesChenes. If interesed let me know via PM and I can find out how you can obtain a copy. I will likely post my thoughts on this book after Thanksgiving in the book section and cross link it to this section.

John

Cpl Punishment

Thanks for the added info John. !8 seperate parts? Very interesting. Like I said before, I wasn't too hopeful that this was real, since they had several fake german badges also.

Thanks for the added info John. !8 seperate parts? Very interesting. Like I said before, I wasn't too hopeful that this was real, since they had several fake german badges also.

Yes (18!) If your interested in learning more and want to buy the book which covers insignia, history, uniforms,... lots of information for the history buff and collector. Just PM me and you can have a discount.

John