WW1 M1918 Trench Knife

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

Finally added one to my collection. Nice and mint. Cost a pretty penny but well worth it.

I’d assume the soldier acquired it while overseas in China. Still has its nice mint scabbard.

Please enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les George

brother, I hate to be the one, but that is a newly made knock off. I think they go for about $20 all day long.....

Screamingeagles101

yikes. your joking right? 

Yes, hahah

Screamingeagles101

Unfortunately the real ones are untouchable and that’s even if you can find one.

It’s a nice display piece though. Only cost $20

I always wanted a real one, but cannot find any, so this one will hold its place until I do.

jonesy1275

I found two whilst on a business trip to Georgia and Texas back in the Jan/Feb this year. Asking price was $750 for one and $650 for the other. I didn't buy them.

Screamingeagles101

Both complete with complete unbroken scabbards. The $750 was Au Lion and the $650 was LFC.

I really never came across one in all my years of collecting.

If the prongs were still attached to the scabbards and the blades were in good condition, those were fair starting prices.

If you go back to the location, try negotiating. You are not going to find decent knives much cheaper.

Member “Elton” just sold one today on the forum nice one for under 700.00

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

For sale is one 1918 MK1 trench knife. The knife is in very good condition but the scabbard is bent but will fit the blade.

$700.00 shipped Will take certified check, PO money order, or PayPal

I have seen a number for sale in the forum in the past year. They are around keep watching the forum

Stormrider59

I'm honestly surprised those are legal in NY. :wacko:

My local militaria dealer was a WWI collector and had some real screamers in his collection. I have his Au Lion and minty LF&C. I think he may have another really nice one available if you're in the market.

I'm honestly surprised those are legal in NY. :wacko:

My local militaria dealer was a WWI collector and had some real screamers in his collection. I have his Au Lion and minty LF&C. I think he may have another really nice one available if you're in the market.

They aren't legal in NY. I wanted to buy a reproduction from IMA-USA for my display and they won't ship because it is under the "Knuckle Knife" Category.

Screamingeagles101

They aren't legal in NY. I wanted to buy a reproduction from IMA-USA for my display and they won't ship because it is under the "Knuckle Knife" Category.

Did not know they weren’t legal. I’m going on a trip to lake placid next weekend and was planning on bringing it.

BILL THE PATCH

I would buy one a at 20.00 , but where?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I would buy one a at 20.00 , but where?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Google "Eagle Arms Gun Shows" They have a PA show very close to the NY state line - if memory serves it's in Wind Gap. There are several dealers there who have those - I always wondered why, but now that I read they are illegal in NY I understand because the parking lot is full of NY plates. So I guess the dealers know what sells. They also sell "specialized" ammo and magazines that I always assumed were illegal in NY because I see guys buying the ammo by the case and mags by the box.

I guess it's the old "if you say I can't have it, I want it" syndrome.

PS- If the NY Troopers are waiting at the state line don't call me for bail $$$ :rolleyes:

Art

• 3 months later...