first aid kit parachutist

max0073

Persian Gulf Command

Do you gentlemen want me to post a photo showing the feature I have made reference to or should I keep it to those of us who are aware of it?

Persian Gulf Command

OK, since there are 573 interested here is my insight and photographic support. I am sure that the waterproof material (with one side having a latex coating) was heat sealed along the edges. Along these edges, and only on one side, there is a 1/2 inch darker stripe where I believe the heated latex would sometimes "bleed" through the material. I have examined several original kits and they all exhibit this feature in places, although some being more pronounced and for others less so. For me this is the sign of a period piece as this is not replicated by any of the repros at this time.

Here are several photos of my kit for reference.

1 of 5

post-17994-0-80434600-1527732892_thumb.jpg

Persian Gulf Command

5 of 5 where the darker area is not seen. Also, like to mention that in this shot the punched out triangular "chad" is still attached by a single thread so I assume this kit never saw any time in the field.

post-17994-0-34605000-1527733223_thumb.jpg

Persian Gulf Command

Might also mention that the material used in original examples is a different weave than the material in the OP example.

Hello,

thank you for taking the time to reply to this post. It is much appreciated and I have learnt new things.

I am still looking for a first aid kit so if anyone is willing to sell one, I am interested.

Thanks

Max