SOG photoshoot

paul_bish

Hello there

My living history group (Modern Forces) organised a photo-shoot this weekend, we haven't sorted all the photos out yet but thought you might be interested in a choice few. These have been treated to make them look aged etc.

We spent the day and went through a number of team impressions including SOG Halo team (still searching for the exact Halo gear used if anyone knows what equipment was used), RT Virginia (in NVA gear) RT Montana and RT New York.

There are lots more to follow (well about a 1000) but hope you enjoy this preview. Comments welcome.

SOG_shoot_preview_1.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_7.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_2.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_6.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_8.jpg

Visit My Website

Paul

Great looking pics.

Is that cut-down M79 on a sling or hanging from a D-ring by trigger guard?

Just curious, I have been looking for info on how these were carried

matt

Paul

Great looking pics.

Is that cut-down M79 on a sling or hanging from a D-ring by trigger guard?

Just curious, I have been looking for info on how these were carried

matt

It is, there is a picture of Robert Johnson (in Pith helmet and grenade vest) and it looks to me as if its attached to his harness (it could event be the vest its attached too) with a snap-link. I wore it like this for a few hours, seemed to work OK, not that "grabbable" in a hurry though. Will keep trying different options...

Great pics.

I love em thumbsup.gif

Just a quick question.

When was the later type M-79 vest with the longer top 4 pyro grenade pouches, introduced?

I have pics of Aus SASR in Vietnam with those top 4 pockets removed.

However, I am not sure if it was the later type vest and they didn't use pyro and thus removed them, or the earlier type vest and they thought the pouches got in the way.

Great pics.

I love em thumbsup.gif

Just a quick question.

When was the later type M-79 vest with the longer top 4 pyro grenade pouches, introduced?

I have pics of Aus SASR in Vietnam with those top 4 pockets removed.

However, I am not sure if it was the later type vest and they didn't use pyro and thus removed them, or the earlier type vest and they thought the pouches got in the way.

The vest is dated 71 which I think is when this version was introduced in limited numbers, we are going for a late war impression when teams had started to go "heavy" and look for contact more than avoid

/paul

The vest is dated 71 which I think is when this version was introduced in limited numbers, we are going for a late war impression when teams had started to go "heavy" and look for contact more than avoid

/paul

Thanks for the info Paul.

My guess is the SASR photos date from 71 and they took off the pyro pouches as they didn't use them.

Morning chaps

Here i the first full update, this is our SOG HALO photo-shoot, with a history of SOG HALO jumps as well. And we know the parachute is wrong one, I have the right one on the way. Its a work in progress and comments welcome.

This is the shoot we have the least shots on as well.

Its best looking in Firefox by the way, I have some glitch in IE7

halo_6_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/SOG_halo_1.htm

and this is the RT West Virginia in NVA gear update.

NVA_3_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/NVA_impression.htm

There are more to follow so will update you when I have uploaded them.

Enjoy

nguoi tien su

I like the back and white much more than the color ones ! It seen to be cold where you had your reenactment ! ;)

Can you please make a shot of the M79 label, I'll be very glad to get the info about that vest ! I would have shared Mr-X question to be honnest ! I thought that the first production for that vest was 73 ! Great item !

Else, did the SOG used the tropical ruck? I have a doubt? But no photo at hand.

I like the back and white much more than the color ones ! It seen to be cold where you had your reenactment ! ;)

Can you please make a shot of the M79 label, I'll be very glad to get the info about that vest ! I would have shared Mr-X question to be honnest ! I thought that the first production for that vest was 73 ! Great item !

Will take a photo of the label.

I have a lot of photos of the tropical rucksack in use, in Plasters, Grecos and the hardy books, it wasn't all the indig rucksack.

And yes it was about -1... w00t.gif

Its taken me a while to get round to it but found some pictures, only been through one book and haven't taken pictures yet but in Hardy's SOG book you can see John "Spider" Trantantella leaning on his Tropical Rucksack (you can see the quick release straps on the shoulder) thats on page 159 and page 160 he has the ruck off and you can see the waist strap and metal frame (so clearly not a Indig ruck) and on page 196 you can see Mike Sheppard and others at teh One-Zero school, some of the guys are wearing Tropical Rucks. Will take some pictures tomorow

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool photos!

I collected Vietnam stuff for a long time and loved to read about SOG and their missions. You guys look the part for sure.

James

Morning chaps

Here i the first full update, this is our SOG HALO photo-shoot, with a history of SOG HALO jumps as well. And we know the parachute is wrong one, I have the right one on the way. Its a work in progress and comments welcome.

This is the shoot we have the least shots on as well.

Its best looking in Firefox by the way, I have some glitch in IE7

halo_6_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/SOG_halo_1.htm

and this is the RT West Virginia in NVA gear update.

NVA_3_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/NVA_impression.htm

There are more to follow so will update you when I have uploaded them.

Enjoy

Looks awesome!, I'm digging that Bonnie hat! and the color of that tropical ruck!, Great pictures!

glad you like the pictures, we have plans for lots more and have updated the site with a bunch of new items and photos as well if you are interested

/p

• 1 month later...
Hello there

My living history group (Modern Forces) organised a photo-shoot this weekend, we haven't sorted all the photos out yet but thought you might be interested in a choice few. These have been treated to make them look aged etc.

We spent the day and went through a number of team impressions including SOG Halo team (still searching for the exact Halo gear used if anyone knows what equipment was used), RT Virginia (in NVA gear) RT Montana and RT New York.

There are lots more to follow (well about a 1000) but hope you enjoy this preview. Comments welcome.

SOG_shoot_preview_1.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_7.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_2.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_6.jpg

SOG_shoot_preview_8.jpg

Visit My Website

Paul

You guys rock!! and set the bar too!!!!

Im jelous, need to form a bigger team here in cali!!!!

P