I'm a Newbie!

fasteddiek

fasteddiek

​Greetings fellow collectors! Fast Eddie K here. I'm new to collecting militaria (been collecting about a year) and thought this would be a great site to LEARN from. I broke the cardinal rule when I started buying militaria, that is "READ THE BOOK FIRST!" I am slowly learning, no major rip-offs, some mis-identified stuff, I should know better as I have been a :collector: OF "STUFF" FOR 55 YEARS.

coins, sportscards, autographs, three stooges memorabilia, old dishware, antique bottles etc...so I know a little bit about a lot, this can be dangerous. Look forward to learning and reading while a member of this great site. I am a Navy vet having served from 1974-1977 aboard the USS Newport LST 1179 "First in her class". Thank-you!!

Jumpin Jack

Welcome aboard new oldie. You will quickly find that this is a great Forum to learn from. A great deal of expertise and a friendly bunch of members (I was going to say "guys," but there are a number of wonderful ladies as well. My best advice is for you to pick a field that you like, and concentrate there until you wish to expand . Jack

BILL THE PATCH

Welcome, I love the stooges would love to see some unusual stuff. What are thinking of collecting for military?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Rakkasan187

Fast Eddie,

Welcome to the forum and Thank you for your service to our Nation..

Interesting that you served on an LST in the 70's. Would enjoy hearing about your experiences aboard ship..

Leigh

fasteddiek

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Will post some photo's this coming week. I've picked up some hats, got some great foreign helmets from "Sportsmans Guide" for short money, some patches, personal gear, a few bayo's, uniform pieces, etc...whatever catches my eye! Have been to WWII weekend in Reading, PA puton by MAAM 3 times, what a great weekend very cool, 200 vehicles, 50 flying WWII planes, 1700 reenactors, WWII veterans, 120 table flea market, big band dances at night! Like a step back in time. Enough babbling, thanks again everyone!!