112th Cavalry captured Japanese flag

sgtdorango

sgtdorango

Just picked this up last weekend, found at the RoseBowl fleamarket by my buddy Tom....not named to one guy but narrows down to 112th Cav H Troop Heavy Machine Gun 1st Platoon 2nd Squad also has Tateyama Japan where the 112th occupied that town, theres some nice film footage of them occupying that town on critical past...mike

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I've always found these flags with US unit information written on them to be really interesting. Hopefully I'll pick one up this year.

Patchcollector

Awesome flag,congratulations!Finding anything associated with the 112th is always sweet.

sgtdorango

Thanks guys, flag is aproximately 33X24....the 112th saw alot of action...the film footage shows them wearing very cool painted helmets ive never seen one before, looks like theyre unit crest on front of helmet...will try to put up a link soon....love this flag but will most likely be moving it along soon to fund my 11AB helmet addiction...mike

sgtdorango

Heres a link to the footage of the 112th Cav i occupying Tateyama Japan.. check out the front painted helmets.....mike

• 2 weeks later...

That was one of my best finds ever... Love the Rose Bowl flea market!!!

Glad to see it found a good home.