Confederate flag crest

Ilin1979

I'm not sure this is a unit insignia but I think I saw somewhere a Confederate flag and a crest. Can this be one?

post-170260-0-70006400-1526646132.jpg

Old design for the National Guard's 31st Infantry Division non-color-bearing unit Distinctive Unit Insignia. Worn as a pair.

Old design for the National Guard's 31st Infantry Division non-color-bearing unit Distinctive Unit Insignia. Worn as a pair.

Is that right, was in the 50s then? Like all the NG divisions, they had DI for their NCBU's (Go figure, that I cant find any examples of them to post LOL)

Is that right, was in the 50s then? Like all the NG divisions, they had DI for their NCBU's (Go figure, that I cant find any examples of them to post LOL)

Yes, 1950's-early 1960's. I was given a pair that belonged to a friend's father who was assigned to a unit in the division.

Yes, 1950's-early 1960's. I was given a pair that belonged to a friend's father who was assigned to a unit in the division.

Yeah in the 50s the division was really in to the Battle Flag thing :lol: and at a certain point in the 50s their band's uniforms were apparently either dyed Khaki, or specifically bought Grey (Workman's) chinos, worn with grey kepis.

post-1761-0-56428000-1385130244.jpgpost-34986-0-67806000-1440388142.jpg

• 5 years later...

And this is the original 31st Infantry Division HQ Brigade and Non Color Bearing Units Unit Crest from the 1920s-30s into WWII and into the 50s, the mid 50s???

Like all these Unit Crests for the National Guard Division's then, they had different colors to denote the Branch of Service and to differentiate the two different brigades and the division HQ. On this below, it may be for the 31st Division Tank Company.

alexander cresttt.PNG