Cunningham Books on Amazon

SDC

I saw the new book for $35 at a recent gun show in Fayetteville, NC (March this year I think). I sold my old one for $20 at a military show in January this year. The prices do seem a bit high (or bordering on the ridiculous).

Scott Duff Publishing has the book as "out of print, no backorder". These listings with "insane" offering prices are pretty much SOP for some speculators in the market. I've found offerings for Gary's book at asking prices of around $145. That sounds a lot better than $899, but IMHO that's the real purpose for offering out of print books at such high prices.

Best to buy the good reference material while it's generally available and take care of it. Good reference material can become as collectable as the subject they cover.

Those prices are totally crazy! Thorin6 was right the book was selling for $35 at the Fayetteville Show, saw them myself. I'm kinda surprised that one is at $2127.84, and really don"t understand "WHY?". Who would pay that? It's not like a first edition that's been out of print for 100 years. Amazing! SKIP

Those prices are totally crazy! Thorin6 was right the book was selling for $35 at the Fayetteville Show, saw them myself. I'm kinda surprised that one is at $2127.84, and really don"t understand "WHY?". Who would pay that? It's not like a first edition that's been out of print for 100 years. Amazing! SKIP

Two things come to mind.The sellers are fishing due to it out of print and price high as they don't know the market or can "drop" the price if needed

Other is some sellers tack on a inflated value due to the death of a person thinking that the item will have increased value due to the "possible" demand....As SAC stated these are speculators.One other area I saw this happen that comes to mind is the Band of Brothers prints that were signed.Seems each time a veteran passed who signature was on a print the prices would start jumping up.