Dating Nomex Pants

Vix Steel

The size tag looks nam era but there is no DSA # or anything on either tags.

Anyone help me out?

post-2893-0-34175000-1526423497_thumb.jpg

post-2893-0-94926600-1526423509_thumb.jpg

mohawkALSE

Not 100% but Ive found the ones like that seem to be early 70s makes. The early trousers also had a nomex belt with open face metal buckle built in as well. I think 1969/1970 they did away with that. The first nomex shirt I got a while back that was NOS had a similar contract but had a -71 after the 4 digits.

phantomfixer

the 11 digit NSN puts it no later 1974, the size/NSN tag looks to be mid to late 60s font...could be wrong though

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I don't know if this is of any help but I saw this thread and thought I'd post a couple of pictures. I was issued this nomex flight suit sometime during 1972-74. The labels are worn but you can still see the contract number.

post-172726-0-12235500-1538274668.jpg

post-172726-0-75800600-1538274680_thumb.jpg

I have one two piece nomex I kept from V/N that has the same number on it (pants). It has the built in belt and and open black belt buckle.I got it issued to me in May 1970 when I arrived at my unit.The shirt tag is long gone.They wouldn't let me keep the other two flight suits I had.

Another forum member posted this a whle back: "The DPSC stands for Defense Personnel Support Center. DPSC was created in 1965 and handled items for the troops, uniforms, footwear, insignia, food etc. DPCS was under the control of the DSA Defense Supply Agency."

There was no DSA contract number because these were being made in government-owned facilities.

I have one two piece nomex I kept from V/N that has the same number on it (pants). It has the built in belt and and open black belt buckle.I got it issued to me in May 1970 when I arrived at my unit.The shirt tag is long gone.They wouldn't let me keep the other two flight suits I had.

Which contract number did yours have? the one with the 71 DSA or that 4 digit contract?

I know the original ones had the belts with the trousers, I think 72 and on lacked that. My father didnt get to keep any of his 2pc Nomex flight suits from Nam or his SPH-4, same thing few years later in the ARNG. All he got to keep was the old K2Bs and his APH-5.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has the 4 digit numbered contract like the 1st post.They let me keep my APH 5, my 2 K2Bs, one 2 piece nomex,helmet bag,and that old style nylon grey/orange flight jacket.