Army DCU w/ 1st MARDIV Combat patch

shrapneldude

The Army units attached to MEF FWD who took Iraq during the '03 Invasion were authorized to wear the 1st MARDIV patch as their combat patch. Pretty neat -- this patch was dead after WWII, and it took an ARMY unit to bring it back to active service! haha. Anyone who has uniforms with these, please show them off -- have yet to see one on a dress uniform, but would like to for sure.

post-1424-1227500321.jpg

That is an awesome find! I'd love to get my hands on one of those jackets.

I'd also like to see the 1st MARDIV patch on the Army dress greens.

*prays to the eBay gods that he will be blessed with one*

That is an awesome find! I'd love to get my hands on one of those jackets.

I'd also like to see the 1st MARDIV patch on the Army dress greens.

*prays to the eBay gods that he will be blessed with one*

Here's a class A I received several years ago. The seller did not have the owners name, but stated that he started out in the Marines & then re-enlisted in the army. I searched all over but couldn't find a name. There are pin holes where the name tag should be, but it was removed before I bought it. I don't believe it is a put together because the price I paid was less than the sum of the parts.

post-100-1227722336.jpg

This is the right shoulder of a 1950's dated ike jacket I have had for some time. What records I could get at the court house states this man served first in the USMS, then there is a gap with no paper work. I then found information on him making Technical SGT in the 1950's. There is then another gap in his paperwork. I found his final discharge as a Spec5 with service with the 1st Aviation Brigade in Vietnam. This was his combat patch on his OD's. This man's ribbon bar would be interesting but there was not one with this pile of uniforms I was given.

post-736-1227744815.jpg

This is the right shoulder of a 1950's dated ike jacket I have had for some time. What records I could get at the court house states this man served first in the USMS, then there is a gap with no paper work. I then found information on him making Technical SGT in the 1950's. There is then another gap in his paperwork. I found his final discharge as a Spec5 with service with the 1st Aviation Brigade in Vietnam. This was his combat patch on his OD's. This man's ribbon bar would be interesting but there was not one with this pile of uniforms I was given.

Now that's cool! You'll have to sell me that uniform! haha

Anyone else have one from OIF?

Here's a class A I received several years ago. The seller did not have the owners name, but stated that he started out in the Marines & then re-enlisted in the army. I searched all over but couldn't find a name. There are pin holes where the name tag should be, but it was removed before I bought it. I don't believe it is a put together because the price I paid was less than the sum of the parts.

post-100-1227722336.jpg

Is there a USMC Good Conduct on there at all? Anything to denote prior USMC Service? I didn't know they were allowed to cross-breed prior service unit patches like that -- just the guys w/ MEF during the invasion of Iraq.

Is there a USMC Good Conduct on there at all? Anything to denote prior USMC Service? I didn't know they were allowed to cross-breed prior service unit patches like that -- just the guys w/ MEF during the invasion of Iraq.

Yes its hard to see because it is covered by the lapel, but there is navy achievement, marine good conduct, and on the right side is a navy unit commendation.

here is a close up:

post-100-1227793581.jpg

This G.I. served with Americal Division on Guadalcanal, etc., and wore the 1st Marine Division's patch on his right cuff when he returned home (note that he is wearing the Navy/Marine Corps Presidential Unit Citation, which Americal Division did receive for the Battle of Guadalcanal).

post-1963-1227946068.jpg