My small Revolutionary War display

M24 Chaffee

Ive been looking into putting together a small Revolutionary War display to go along with my WWII and Civil War collection. I found a few items to realize my idea.

The musket ball display is described in the Riker box they came in. The 2 buttons - on the left, a USA Continental Army enlisted mans button, on the right, a British 71st Regiment of Foot, Frasers Highlanders button. I added a W. Britains Continental Army soldier and a 71st Highlander soldier to round out the display.

Ive been getting back to reading and discovering more of the history of that conflict and I enjoy having a few articles that were there. I live near many of the important battlefields. Ill include a better photo (from the sellers website) of the USA buttons front and back. I hope to see more Rev War items from other collectors in this forum. Dunmore1774 just posted his fine musket!

Thanks for looking,

Frank

post-2899-0-62706300-1526302876_thumb.jpeg

post-2899-0-57887900-1526304790_thumb.jpeg

Nice little display! I've always wanted to make small displays for both revolutionary and Civil war to go next to my WW2 collection. Some day when I get the extra money,bi would like to get a Brown Bess and a M1860 rifle for the displays.

Well done.

Andrew

Great display. I especially like the buttons. I can appreciate the historic nature of the musket balls, but buttons have more of an eye appeal.

Mikie

M24 Chaffee

Thanks for the comments! I hope to see more interesting Items from other RW collectors on this forum.

Framk

• 1 year later...
M24 Chaffee

Thanks for the comments! I’ve since added a few musket balls and grapeshot from the Brandywine, Germantown and Monmouth Battlefields. All near me.

Frank