506th PIR KIA Purple Heart Group to Harold F. Cramer from eBay

Dave

Whoever picked up this group got a wonderful deal...that's to say the least! Harold F. Cramer was a 1st LT in the 506th PIR who was KIA on 20 Sept. 1944. This kind of appears to be a group of random medals at first...until you realize that LT Cramer had served in the RCAF prior to joining the US Army, thus his British medal; his first, unnamed Purple Heart for being WIA in Normandy...the list goes on. Anyway, I'm posting these photos up here as only the posthumous Purple Heart and the NY Conspicuous Gallantry Cross are named...it could be very easy for someone to either split the group up, or if someone saw it later on down the road, assume that it had been assembled at some point. Hopefully the former will never be the case...and the screenshots here prove the latter to not be true, as this appears to be an classic "out of the woodwork" group, just as it is.

To the buyer: congratulations! It shows that there are still some great finds out there to be had!

Screenshot_24.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg

Screenshot_17.jpg

Amazing...especially when you consider most Hearts bring many times what they are actually worth on Epay. Alex

Of note there was also a Bronze Star with valor device that the same seller said was "personalized with name Harold F Cramer". Hopefully whoever bought the PH lot also bought the BS.

post-25673-0-25117900-1526269929.jpg

• 2 years later...

Just curious if anyone ever claimed owning this grouping here on the forum as I have 5 original V-Mails from this Officer when he was assigned to the 506th PIR.  The content was published in Mark Bando's Book Avenging Eagles as I shared them with him and would be willing to share copies of them with whoever has this grouping.