30-06 Ammo SCORE! A.P.I.s MINT BOXED

usmce4

Was wandering the aisles at a gun show today and there sitting in a dealers case was my fantasy - 30-06 APIs - BOXES of 'em. 3 sealed and one opened priced....... ready for this? $35 a box! And he gave me a break because I took all 4, he charged me $30. apiece. He said he had had 1 more but sold it about a half hour earlier......

Check em out.....

post-168413-0-12129000-1526159774_thumb.jpg

He had two boxes of dummies also - one opened one sealed. They are on stripper clips. I don't know anything about these but they were $10 a box so I took one box - I figured how can you go wrong for $10....

post-168413-0-69472400-1526160133_thumb.jpg

sweet - allentown gun show?

Yep, good ole A-town I have good luck with ammo there but I've never found a KA-BAR like the one you posted from there a few years ago (I BELIEVE it was you anyway, sorry if I've got the wrong person)

Art

Brass strippers or steel?

Good deal either way

Geez, you know, I don't recall and this box is sealed. Dummies are not really my thing. Can you tell me what they go for?

Thanks, Art

Nice find but I hate when sellers put stickers on paper items or lables.

The seller was not exactly a rocket scientist, Ron. Not only did he not have a clue what his stuff was worth, he had to ask his wife how much of a discount he should give me if I took them all. When she told him to take $5 off each, I had to tell him what 30 times 4 was.

I haven't even tried to take the stickers off yet - I'm still floating on cloud nine! (hope they DO come off easy though)

Art

Nice find but I hate when sellers put stickers on paper items or lables.

You got me worried Ron, so I got up and did it. He may not know value or math but he knew how to find sticky stickers!!! They left a sticky residue but just brushing it ever so lightly with a little lighter fluid on a paper towel got it off and left no stain or smudge :)

You got me worried Ron, so I got up and did it. He may not know value or math but he knew how to find sticky stickers!!! They left a sticky residue but just brushing it ever so lightly with a little lighter fluid on a paper towel got it off and left no stain or smudge :)

Great they came off.

Guessing they hadn't been on long or they tend to adhere and pull off the paper lable under the sticker

Sometimes if you catch them early before being on for a period of time they will lift off.You can get lucky at times too if they were not pressed down when applied and will lift off.

We have a tag sale company here and they put stickers on everything.I have tried to explain that some items its better to bag them then add the stickers.

With these boxes they could have put the stickers on the bottom of the box if they didn't want to bag them.

I also see people write prices on things with pencil or pen.....

I also see people write prices on things with pencil or pen.....

That can be aggravating on anything. Even something like this old baseball card I have laying around :(

Art

post-168413-0-23374800-1526184165_thumb.jpg

Yep, good ole A-town I have good luck with ammo there but I've never found a KA-BAR like the one you posted from there a few years ago (I BELIEVE it was you anyway, sorry if I've got the wrong person)

Art

Art,

yep - i have found 2 very nice Kabars there - some of the gun guys want WAY too much for there guns - guess they don't want to sell them :)

Art,

yep - i have found 2 very nice Kabars there - some of the gun guys want WAY too much for there guns - guess they don't want to sell them :)

The only things I've bought there in the past 5 or 6 years is ammo and a decent KABAR sheath for $40 back in Feb. I think you are exactly right - it's a club show so a lot of the "dealers" are collectors just showing off their stuff and IF they catch a guppy, they'll sell something. But it's a fun show to walk around, sightsee and chat.

The dealer room with the new stuff is usually a waste but yesterday I bought 250 rounds of nice clean LC 43 30-06 in clips for $80 in there.

Art

Bet it would be a rush to dump a BAR in fast fire with those! :love:

I have taken stickers off with a hair dryer. Heat them up and they come right off,even ones that have been on a while.