D-Day Helmet Grouping Navy Corpsman

Screamingeagles101

Wow, your really pissing me off, I don’t know what your problem is. At first I Apparently ripped the guy off when I bought it for 1K & now I it’s a child’s helmet worth nothing.

Get your story straight Penguin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your story straight Penguin........

What does that actually mean ?

I am totally confused.

owen

Screamingeagles101

“Penguin” was a typo.

I apologize if I offended anyone and don’t mean to come off that way.

Now, we’ve been spinning our wheels going no where. Everyone has been saying my price is way off.. but no one has given me an actual number.

With that said.. I understand if it’s too late to have a civil conversation.

If Mods wants to lock the thread please go ahead and die so.

Thank you.

Screamingeagles101

If Penguin was a typo what were you exactly trying to say ?

Please explain to me.

I meant to say “please”

But it came out as penguin. I’m typing on my phone.

I looked up Penguin up on Urban Dictionary and I really dont know what to believe.

I am not stupid so Please dont treat me like I am 15 years old.

Screamingeagles101

I looked up Penguin up on Urban Dictionary and I really dont know what to believe.

I am not stupid so Please dont treat me like I am 15 years old.

I’m sorry, but I never called anyone name on this forum. Sure, I can be a bit stubborn but I don’t insult people with name calling.

& if I wanted to call you a name... why would I write Penguin...

I’m just asking for a proper value so perhaps I can adjust my listing but again you’s seem to be avoiding that question.

I am not trying to insult anyone m. I am just trying to move forward. If you’d don’t want to help me I understand.

Scott closed the other thread and the conversation went from one playground to another and has ruined a perfectly good thread.

Marty

stealthytyler

To answer your question about value, if you can 100% connect this helmet to Normandy, my opinion is that it would go for around $1,500. The helmet does not have a liner and is in very rough shape and lacks the sought after Red Cross markings and other invasion markings. Because of the lack of FOXY29 style markings, I would guess that this helmet was issued to him for the PTO and was only used during Okinawa....if that is the case, I could see this group sell for around $400-$500 because of the vet connection to Normandy and being used during the assault on Okinawa.

Guys, feel free to let me know what you think about my value assessment.

Ive been staying quiet, just reading along, and kind of dumbfounded. This is crazy.

I would have to agree with Steathytyler...$1500...maybe $2000.

As for the earlier comparison, those are 2 completely different helmets, with completely different values.

That said, I now feel around 10% dumber after reading this...

You are neither a mod nor admin, so worry about what you post.

Dont need you playing recess monitor, as we are all grown here.

Thanks though.

Can we please stop giving the guy a hard time? People are on this forum for many many different reasons. Some people can't understand why someone would sell anything from their collection. Some people can't understand why people wouldn't want to flip an item for a profit. Some people on here make a living with running their militaria business which means buying low and selling high...and these are the same people giving this young man grief.

Do I think his asking price is realistic for the helmet he is trying to flip? No, not at all. His prices have always been high. But to each their own.

Screamingeagles101

Thanks for the idea on value guys. That’s all I needed. So... at $500 or $1000

I made the guy a more than fair offer. So, I don’t know what the problem was... If anything, I gave the seller a more than it is worth. I made a more than fair offer and he accepted.

Being 7 time zones away from Central Time, I end up missing things. I locked this thread once to let it rest. I reopened it with a warning... probably should have kept it locked. Thanks Robert.