D-Day Helmet Grouping Navy Corpsman

Screamingeagles101

Clohesey,

Good news,,,

You now have a 2nd chance at this for $8,750. (In case you missed it)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/312889-foxy-29-d-day-grouping/&do=findComment&comment=2513733

Good luck.

Big suprise... I will pass. And I better keep any further comments to myself, since I enjoy the forum ?

We all have thoughts about the helmet price and other helmets we see on the web or in the classified section. His helmet he can ask what ever he desires but the market ALWAYS decides the final price of what an item is worth.

Marty

ArchangelDM

We all have thoughts about the helmet price and other helmets we see on the web or in the classified section. His helmet he can ask what ever he desires but the market ALWAYS decides the final price of what an item is worth.

Marty

True words my friend,

A fantastic historical lid with great provenance and a good solid investment piece

Dean

Marty

The problem here is that he made a backdoor deal for $1k, and now a month later has marked it up to $8750. The antics are rather unscrupulous.

sgtdorango

I agree...very used car salesman like...i know people can do what they please but seems a bit unscrupulous to me too....mike

Screamingeagles101

The problem here is that he made a backdoor deal for $1k, and now a month later has marked it up to $8750. The antics are rather unscrupulous.

I still don’t get why your making a big deal over that. If anything the seller should be at fault for ending the auction early. I took a shot and it worked out. I made him a pretty sizable offer. I’m sure he made out pretty good in it.

Who says I’m not allowed to use my hobby to fund my education?

Last time I checked this was America.

Thank you for your kind words as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still dont get why your making a big deal over that. If anything the seller should be at fault for ending the auction early. I took a shot and it worked out. I made him a pretty sizable offer. Im sure he made out pretty good in it.

Who says Im not allowed to use my hobby to fund my education?

Last time I checked this was America.

Thank you for your kind words as always

No, youre still at fault for making a backdoor deal because you initiated it. Secondly, your offer wasnt sizeable by any means. All you did was play a pity card on the seller and wholly took advantage of them, because you knew that it would go for more than what you wanted to pay. Your words, not mine.

Lastly, as it always has been with you...you post your items looking for the atta-boys, and when that doesnt work in your favor you post it up looking for major bucks. As was previously posted in this thread, it is unlikely this is a D-Day used helmet. It doesnt command D-Day prices. You dont care about the history, you care about making money off of items that arent what you think. You always piss on the boots of those who offer you legitimate guidance. Youre flat out ignorant. Not that you had any, but this thread and the sale thread really throw any credibility you may have had out the window.

USMC-RECON0321

Nothing wrong with making profits in buying and selling (that's what any collector hopes to do), but how we do things in this hobby is what really matters to most of us. As I've seen mentioned several times in this thread and a few other of yours, "Reputation" will stay with you much longer than a profit and people in this hobby have long memories on sellers and certain items that they may view as tainted by shady dealings etc... This helmet may be one of them I'm afraid.

You want to be a stand up guy? Reduce the price (make a little profit) and sell to the guy that had his bid cancelled due to your offer.

Good luck

Anyone can ask any amount they want, and I do not agree with backdoors deals after bidding has started. But as stated the market will dictate the price. Will the price come down maybe, that is not for me to get into anyones business concerning their product but I can refrain from buying if I believe the price is to high,and if the product does not sell the price will come down or it goes back on the shelf. But for me a little profit is better than none.

Marty

(I have reopened this thread. Please bear in mind that personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you have something to say, then say it without using aggressive terms or name calling)

I will leave this thought for the OP, some good advice has been given and I hope you heed it. If you indeed feel that you gave a fair and sizeable offer to the seller, then that is all that can be asked of you. However, it is very apparent that you knowingly did NOT give a fair offer based on your asking price versus your purchase price. It is not my job on this forum to be your moral compass but, remember that at the end of the day, all you have is your good name, and when you lose that, you really have nothing.

manayunkman

The eBay rules state that the seller can give the high bidder the option for a BUY IT NOW.

That is above board.

But you have to be high bidder.

Screamingeagles101

Again guys, I’d love to hang on to it but I have to go for my masters.

I’m have other things up for sale also. Just sold a 1943 PAL 16 inch Bayonet.

Thanks for posting the link Anton. Was meaning to do so.

Screamingeagles101

I don’t know, I think the helmet has really nice character. I guess it’s more of an opinion though

Posted Image

Screamingeagles101

Please explain to me what about its character thats appealing to help me understand.

As a helmet collector of several years, I learned that certain helmets have a certain appeal to me. Theres a certain aesthetic that catches the eye. It’s very hard to explain. The helmet displays great, it’s got a great patina and that been there look to it.

And also again, nobody cares that youre selling it. Its your tactics, and the fact that you cant seem to grasp that. This is a community to most of us, where we help each other out. Not about the money, and not about the stuff.

Again guys, Id love to hang on to it but I have to go for my masters.

Im have other things up for sale also. Just sold a 1943 PAL 16 inch Bayonet.

Thanks for posting the link Anton. Was meaning to do so.

Screamingeagles101

And also again, nobody cares that youre selling it. Its your tactics, and the fact that you cant seem to grasp that. This is a community to most of us, where we help each other out. Not about the money, and not about the stuff.

What am I suppose to do? Sell it for a couple of thousand because it’s morally correct?

I make back door offers all the time on items far less valuable. & for the record, I contacted the seller about an offer when there were zero bids on the item. He got back to me later on when it was up to $84.00

He said he would end it right now for 1K.

Was I suppose to counter him to 5K..?

I do t make back door offers when there are bids because most of the time the seller decides to not consider and let tw auction run its course.

As a helmet collector of several years, I learned that certain helmets have a certain appeal to me. Theres a certain aesthetic that catches the eye. It’s very hard to explain. The helmet displays great, it’s got a great patina and that been there look to it.

If you love this helmet so much how did you arrive at the selling price ?

It's all about the provenance = 8,600

Helmet= 150

You have to visualize the history ;)

I am not asking you.

I am asking the owner of the helmet.

Screamingeagles101

If you love this helmet so much how did you arrive at the selling price ? 

I don’t know what loving a helmet has to do with the price of it. I take emotion out of it when selling it. I based this grouping off of a previous Foxy 29 helmet that sold on eBay a while back.