DE For Religious Affiliation on WWII Dog Tags

otter42

Bought a set of tags that was a local man. T42 43, has his father's name below the S/N and DE in the lower right hand corner. Any ideas on this one? I haven't scanned them yet so no pic, sorry, thanks for any help. Ken

Wharfmaster

The soldier and father were from Oregon.

DE may be Deism / Deist.

Wharf

scmcgeorge

There are about 20+ denomination codes used in WW2 I just can't find my source.... Steve McG

Brian Dentino

It shows next of kin...Perhaps it means Delaware?...Bodes

Don't think it is Delaware......we didn't go with the 2 letter state abbreviations until 20 or so years ago I believe. Delaware would have been Del. much like Indiana was Ind. and is now IN.

Not in that listing, thanks for the info. A friend a work this morning said maybe it's for Democrats, I laughed at that one!

Interesting tags. No idea on DE either.

Side note; I knew a sergeant who on his tags under religion had RDFM. I asked him what that meant, and he replied, "If it gets to the point that someone is looking at my dog tags to find out my religion, it Really Doesn't F***ing Matter." I still use that acronym.

Not in that listing, thanks for the info. A friend a work this morning said maybe it's for Democrats, I laughed at that one!

Unfortunately I was rushed posting the link, and didn't have time to say they didn't have DE listed....Yours might be there, just the initials having been changed since the second world war...Bodes