I also am looking for some info on a Veteran of WW2

EDW70

Hello guys,

I am looking for information on a WW2 veteran. He was my wifes great uncle and died in France.

He is Henry M De Baets

He was from Nebraska

Service number: 37470251

Served with the 90th infantry Division, 358th Infantry Regiment

I hope the information I have is correct. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed Whitmarsh

Blacksmith

Hi Ed - Ill try and help a little here... PFC De Baets was killed on 7/23/44. He is buried in Brittany, and listed as a Purple Heart recipient.

Here is his internment record:

Source: http://www.honorstates.org/index.php?id=82671

ORIGINS: According to our records Nebraska was De Baets's home or enlistment state.

SERVICE: Enlisted in the Army. Served during World War II. De Baets had the rank of Private First Class. Service number was 37470251. Served with 90th Infantry Division, 358th Infantry Regiment.

CIRCUMSTANCES: De Baets experienced a serious casualty which ultimately resulted in loss of life on July 23, 1944

REMEMBERED: Buried or memorialized at Plot F Row 6 Grave 12, Brittany American Cemetery, St. James, France.

AWARDS: Listed are some of the awards and medals that Private First Class De Baets either received or may have been qualified for. This is probably not a complete accounting. There may be other awards received we do not have records of.

Purple Heart Combat Infantryman Badge American Campaign Medal World War II Victory Medal

Wow! Thank you for all who found out this information. My wife and mother in law will be glad for this information. I apparently did not look in the right areas because I did not find squat. I am just trying to put information and pictures together for their family, it is an uncle that they never knew. Never forget the brave men who sacrificed it all.