644th tank destroyer

644td

I picked up the hobby of model cars,planes etc when 8 was a kid and was not very good at due to money for paint and most of all patience. When I became an adult(age only) and was trying to introduce my son to the hobby I decide to honor my grandfathers service with the 644th TD. I did these 3-5 years ago and they are not the best but i enjoy looking at them.

Marty

post-158590-0-99908100-1525805529.jpeg

post-158590-0-97695500-1525805828.jpeg

post-158590-0-31818100-1525805839.jpeg

post-158590-0-14564500-1525805853.jpeg

post-158590-0-56583100-1525805888.jpeg

The Greyhound modification is way cool. Have you considered altering the 1/6 scale Greyhound into that configuration?

I think you did a nice job on both models. I believe your grandfather would be proud too. Good work!

Proud Kraut

644td, welcome to the modeling section! These are some very nice models, thanks for sharing your great work. I especially like your weathering/chipping on the M10. Would love to see more of your work! These are 1/35 scale kits, right?

Lars

They are 1/35 and the chipping was done with the salt technique. Thank you for the postive feedback I would like to take better picture but when I do I have trouble resizing them to fit the forum.

Marty

Hi Marty;

Welcome to the modeling site. Your work looks very nice. I like the weathering on them. I want to give you a website that might help you with the resizing of photos for this site. Its the one I use: http://ben-major.com/tools/usmf-resize.php I hope this helps.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Manny, thank you for the help. I have seen that link in the past but was unable to make it work for me. But, for some reason this time it WORKED!!!!!

Manny, thank you for the help. I have seen that link in the past but was unable to make it work for me. But, for some reason this time it WORKED!!!!!

Hey Marty,

I'm glad it WORKED.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...